Cambridge is a university city approximately 50 miles north of London. A population of about 125,000 with 25,000 students. Famous for world-class universities, stunning architecture and plenty of cyclists. The University of Cambridge was founded in 1209.
Cambridge now boasts high technology with industries in software and bioscience. Over 40% of the working population has a higher education qualification.
House prices are high in Cambridge and therefore rents are not cheap! A studio flat can cost £750 plus pcm (2017). How about an ex local authority house at £1550 pcm – that’s double the price of a similar house in Ipswich, Suffolk. Cambridge certainly has a London price tag and the rental market is booming with over a 1000 properties available at any one time. Students struggle with these costs and sharing is the only option.
East Anglia Carpet Cleaning covers Cambridge and Cambridgeshire. The good news is our prices are not influenced by high property values and rents. In fact our end of tenancy carpet cleaning prices have never been so low! I think we are one of the cheapest if not the cheapest! Check out the prices below. That said, the service we offer is not cheap. You still get a deep clean and attention to detail. Where possible we will always treat stains and problematic areas for the best result.
Some Tips to Look After Rental Property Carpets
- Find out what the carpets are made of
- If the carpets contain wool then treat them with extra care
- Always vacuum carpets regularly, including the edges and under furniture
- Do not walk on carpets with dark coloured socks
- Move seating furniture around to minimise wear from feet
- Protect high traffic areas with rugs and runners
- Treat any spills or stains immediately
- Never use shop bought stain removers as they can bleach the carpet
- Use a mild soap solution or biological washing powder for spills and stains (water based)
- Use a solvent for stains that do not mix with water (a dry cleaning solution is good or try rubbing alcohol). Keep some Perklone DX Plus (ebay) in your cleaning cupboard. It is very good at stain removal
- Blot stains and do not rub hard as you may distort the pile
- Rinse any soap or solvent with a carpet cleaning machine or blot with clean water and clean towels
- If in doubt call a professional carpet cleaner
- Regularly get your carpets cleaned (at least every 18 months)